Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
Central Middle School
7th and 8th grade
Bryan Shaw, Principal
3611 E. Linwood Blvd.
Kansas City, Missouri 64128
8:20 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.
Cultivating student success through quality instruction.
Each student at Central Middle School is part of a team within the school creating a “school-within-a-school” environment. Students work with a close team of teachers for their core subjects. With smaller classes and a team of core instructors, students enjoyed increased quality instruction.
As a one-to-one school, Central Middle students receive their own technology device allowing teachers to use innovative teaching opportunities to life. Ultimately, the goal at Central Middle is to provide a culture where students develop a love of learning.
Community driven education.
We are committed to helping our students be successful, both in and out of the classroom. We believe teaching our students personal and moral values through positive association with faculty and our community is vital to helping our students succeed.
One of Central Middle’s largest community partners is City Year Kansas City. They place AmeriCorps members in Central Middle all day, every day for the entire school year. These volunteers are a consistent, caring presence and provide students with additional one-on-one and small group support, helping students to overcome the numerous challenges.
Activities & programs include:
- National Junior Honor Society
- Student Council
- Middle School Sports
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Band & Choir
- Debate & Speech
- FIRST Tech Challenge Robotics
- Mentoring Programs
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)