Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
Northeast High School
9th thru 12th grade
Waymond Ervin, Principal
415 Van Brunt Blvd.
Kansas City, Missouri 64124
7:20 am – 2:20 pm
Fostering diversity to prepare successful students.
At Viking Nation, we celebrate and foster our diversity every day. We are home to one of the most diverse student populations in Kansas City with more than 50 languages spoken in our hallways.
In partnership with My Brother’s Keeper, Northeast provides freshman students with an in-building or community mentor to help guide them through his/her first year. With their mentors, students will learn and develop important life skills and positive academic habits.
Preparing students for life after high school.
A well-rounded, 21st-century student starts with a combination of focused academics and a variety of complimentary student activities and organizations. Northeast offers traditional high school courses, advanced placement and dual credit courses as well as Early College Academy (ECA) and Manual Career Technical Center programs.
Northeast students ready to get a jump start on their future can attend ECA and earn both an associate’s degree and their high school diploma at the same time. Manual offers eight career and technical programs preparing students to enter a highly-educated workforce or get a jump on post-secondary education.
Preparing students for life after high school is our top priority. We ensure our students achieve their dreams with year-round ACT prep, college advising appointments and much more. Students have opportunities to visit colleges, universities and other post-secondary institutions as well as participate in job shadowing and internships related to their career interests. In addition, Northeast offers a wide variety of clubs and activities to choose from, including dance, National Honor Society, high school sports and newspaper.
Options for new Americans.
At Northeast, the New Americans class was designed to help newcomers adapt to their new school environment, start the process of becoming literate in English and learn enough English and content to be able to move onto the next level of classroom instruction. In addition, new Americans have access to KCPS’ English Language Learners program depending on their level of language proficiency. Students in these classes receive communication arts (reading, writing, language) instruction that follows the district core curriculum and English Language Proficiency Grade Level Expectations.
Activities & programs include:
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- Early College Academy
- KC STEM Alliance
- Manual Career Tech.
- Mattie Rhodes Center
- New Americans Class
- High School Sports
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Swim Team
- Junior ROTC
- Math Club
- ACT Prep
- Anti-Drug Club
- English Language Learners
- One-to-one digital devices
- Newspaper & Yearbook
- FIRST Robotics Competition
- Mentoring Programs
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)