Wendell Phillips Elementary
Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
Takeisha Brown, Principal
2400 Prospect Ave.
Kansas City, Missouri 64127
Developing a strong academic base.
Wendell Phillips is a K-6 school in the Kansas City Public Schools system that believes in and practices the philosophy of literacy for all children. We believe in educating our children to the best of our ability, thereby allowing us to provide a service to children, our community and our country.
Although reading, writing, arithmetic and communication skills are basic requirements, we believe the purpose of the school should extend beyond academics. We also believe that we must cultivate the abilities of our children to think, reason and adapt as life-long learners.
Developing leadership potential.
We believe in teaching our children personal and moral values as a responsibility to their families and other social institutions through association with other students, faculty and the community. We are committed to helping all students develop a healthy self-concept, enabling them to think and act for themselves and to develop leadership potential.
Activities & programs include:
- Free Before & After School Care (K-6)
- National Elementary Honor Society
- Student Council
- Spelling Bee
- Chess Club
- Jump Rope
- Sewing Club
Required Application Documents
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1, 2018)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)