Southeast High School
9th thru 12th grade
Jessica Bassett, Principal
3500 E. Meyer Blvd.
Kansas City, Missouri 64132
7:20 am – 2:20 pm
Fostering excellence through student involvement.
Just west of Swope Park, Southeast High School holds its school’s history and the tradition for academic excellence as a cornerstone of its values. As a comprehensive, competitive education environment, Southeast offers a full range of activities for students including sports, academic programs, cultural arts, along with numerous extracurricular activities.
An integral part of the school is the African-Centered College Preparatory Academy. Southeast students, as well as all students who live within the district, have the opportunity to be a part of a distinct program that focuses on providing students with a high-quality education with a strong cultural emphasis.
The compassion and commitment demonstrated on a daily basis by Southeast’s administration and teachers stand out from its competition. New programs, additional activities and special events help students to find new ways to make their own success within our highly competitive global society.
Developing successful students.
Students ready to drive their own success have access to Pylons advanced classes, Early College Academy (ECA) and Manual Career Technical Center.
Southeast students ready to get a jump start on their future can attend ECA and earn both an associate’s degree and their high school diploma at the same time. Manual offers eight career and technical programs preparing students to enter a highly-educated workforce or get a jump on post-secondary education.
Using culture to develop scholars and leaders.
African-Centered College Preparatory Academy (AC Prep) is a Signature School program within Southeast High School. AC Prep provides a unique college preparatory curriculum that is consistent with KCPS but strives to exceed mandates and reach a higher level of expectation and challenge. All high school students who live within KCPS are welcome to apply for the program.
AC Prep uses a culturally relevant approach, incorporating African cultural elements and influences into the program’s environment and curriculum so that scholars develop leadership skills, social responsibility and personal life skills. Our program uses a rigorous curriculum ranging from ninth through twelfth grades, which emphasizes college prep, world languages and cultural foundations of drumming, art, drama, music, theater and dance. We have learning academies and social clubs, as well as opportunities to study abroad.
Activities & programs include:
- National Honor Society
- Student Council & Ma’at Council
- A+ Program
- African-Centered College Preparatory Academy
- Battle of the Brains
- Early College Academy
- Manual Career Tech.
- Pylons Gifted Program
- Science Olympiad
- High School Sports
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Swim Team
- Junior ROTC
- Band & Choir
- Debate & Speech
- Youth Entrepreneurs
- Jobs for America’s Graduates
- Missouri College Advising Corps
- Communities in Schools
- One-to-one digital devices
- FIRST Robotics Competition
- Mentoring Programs
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)