Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
Dr. Shaunda Fowler, Principal
1215 E. 59th St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
8:20 am – 3:20 pm
Teaching outside the box.
At Troost Elementary School, our teachers, administrators and staff strive to provide the best culture and environment each day for every student and their parents. As one of KCPS’ neighborhood schools, we work diligently to provide academic assistance for every student in our school.
Troost teachers and staff think outside the box to find innovative and unique ways to support student needs. Plus, our staff parent assistance on how to encourage their child’s school career. Parents are invited to participate whenever possible – volunteer, help within the classroom, join on field trips, eat lunch with their child, work on class projects, etc. In turn, Troost staff build long-term bonds with students over the years, and parents trust the staff.
Partnering with the community for success.
From mentoring programs to one-on-one initiatives, field trips and more, at Troost, we continually search for innovative ways to help our students succeed. Part of that success is through key partnerships, programs and services.
Each week, our partner, Lead to Read organizes business partners and community volunteers to provide a one-on-one reader on Thursday for kindergarten through third grade students.
Through a partnership with Scholastic, Troost students receive 10 new books throughout the school year to create their own home library. As a Positive Behavior Initiative School, teachers and staff help students achieve success in social, emotional and academic areas. By focusing on constructive reinforcement and eliminating punishment, we can proactively encourage positive student behaviors.
Activities & programs include:
- Free Before & After School Care
- Mentoring Programs
- National Elementary Honor Society
- Lead to Read
- Junior Achievement
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- My Very Own Library
- Literacy Lab
- Huddle Up School
- Positive Behavior Initiative School
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)