Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
Phillis Wheatley Elementary
Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
Micah Enders, Principal
2415 Agnes Ave.
Kansas City, Missouri 64127
9:15 am – 4:15 pm
Promoting learning as a community.
Phillis Wheatley Elementary is a comprehensive community elementary school with a full spectrum of special education programs and services for English Language Learners. In addition to serving students within a defined geographic area, Wheatley also serves as a site for special needs students in early childhood through sixth grade.
At Phillis Wheatley, we believe that school is a place where everyone comes together to promote learning. Teachers work as a team, they serve as instructional mentors to the students. Parents are our partners. A vital partnership is created between the home and school that is strengthened by active participation.
Meeting the needs of all learners.
Wheatley has five self-contained classrooms from Kindergarten through sixth grade for a wide spectrum of disabilities. There is a full time nurse on site and we provide speech, occupational therapy services and interpreters for hearing impaired students. These classrooms integrate with the rest of the school population during support classes and other all-school activities.
The English as a Second Language program is designed to teach students who speak languages other than English how to understand, speak, read and write in English and to support students’ culture and language whenever possible.
Activities & programs include:
- Free Before & After School Care (K-6)
- National Elementary Honor Society
- Junior Achievement
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)