Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
Hale Cook Elementary
Pre-Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
Julie Lynch, Principal
7302 Pennsylvania Ave.
Kansas City, Missouri 64114
9:15 am – 4:15 pm
Fostering student success through family & community involvement.
At Hale Cook Elementary, we are a neighborhood school in KCPS with strong parent and community support. However, Hale Cook is more than a neighborhood school. It is the result of a grassroots effort by the community to revitalize a historic building to benefit future Kansas City residents. Easily accessible via walking, biking, car and bus transportation, Hale Cook offers quality education in the heart of the Waldo neighborhood.
With experienced educators, low staff turnover and an honest desire to see every child grow and learn, Hale Cook offers neighborhood families the opportunity to send their children to a quality school without waitlists or lotteries.
Nurturing resourceful, critical thinkers.
At Hale Cook, our vision is to equip students to be resourceful, critical thinkers who will make a positive change in their community.
Every day, our goal is to provide a culture where students can develop a life-long love of learning. As a one-to-one school, every student at Hale Cook has his or her own laptop allowing teachers the opportunity to use innovative teaching and methods to bring lessons to life.
Activities & programs include:
- Free Pre-K Program
- Free Before & After School Care (K-6)
- Student Council
- Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts
- Lego Club
- Sewing Club
- Gardening Club
- Yoga Club
- Chess Club
- Cooking Club
- Spanish Club
- Field Fitness Day
- Friends of Hale Cook (FOHC) non-profit
- Hale Cook PTA
- Brookside St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Waldo Fest
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)