Enrollment opens December 14 at 8 am
Kindergarten thru 6th Grade
David Williams, Principal
5810 Scarritt Ave.
Kansas City, Missouri 64123
8:20 am – 3:20 pm
Focusing on academic achievement through interactive lessons.
For over a century, James Elementary has been a landmark of education in Northeast Kansas City. We are focused on high academic achievement and have earned 100% APR in recent year. Our classrooms are outfitted with the latest 21st-century technological tools to bring interactive lessons to life. Each student at James Elementary receives his/her own digital device in the classroom. This device can house student materials, textbooks and help increase digital literacy.
James has 15 active partnerships with local civic, businesses and community organizations in order to foster student achievement.
Embracing diversity to build a better future for everyone.
At James, we educate students from many different countries. The English as a Second Language program is designed to teach students who speak languages other than English how to understand, speak, read and write in English. This program also supports students’ culture and language whenever possible.
Plaza Comunitaria is a collaboration with The Consulate of Mexico in Kansas City and Kansas City Public Schools. It is a free program that provides adult students who emigrated from Mexico with the opportunity to complete their primary and secondary education through an online learning program.
Activities & programs include:
- Free Before & After School Care (K-6)
- English Language Learners
- One-to-One digital devices
- Student Council
- Art Club
- Chess Club
- Sewing Club
- National Elementary Honor Society
- Junior Achievement
- Lead to Read
- School Garden
- Mattie Rhodes partner
Required documents to enroll in Kindergarten – 12th Grade:
(Kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31)
- Birth Certificate
- Student's current immunization record
- Parent/guardian photo ID (Proof of guardianship, if required)
- Previous school records – transcript, behavior, attendance (grades 1st – 6th)
- Two proofs of residency (See “Acceptable Proofs of Residency” list below)
- One from each column
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
(one from each column)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #1
- Valid Property Deed
- Current Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Mortgage Statement/Bill
- Signed Residential Lease Agreement
- Residency Affidavit – Must be notarized (find at kcpublicschools.org or Office of Admissions 2901 Troost)
PROOF OF RESIDENCE #2
- Current utility bill: electric, water or gas. (Disconnect or shutoff notices will not be accepted. Bills must be within the last 30 days)
- Personal Property Tax Receipt (Past year)
- Homeowner’s/Rental Insurance Policy (Current year)
- Social Services, Social Security Statement, or Other Legal/Court Documents
- Pay stub/Pay check (within 30 days)
- Bank statement (within 30 days)